Skip to Main Content

Bay Grasses (Submerged Aquatic Vegetation)

Permits and Regulations

In most cases, a permit is required for SAV collection or removal.

The Department of Natural Resources is charged with protecting bay grasses. Currently, there are three laws that protect submerged aquatic vegetation from disruption.

For more information on SAV regulations or permitting, contact Becky Golden at:

>> Back to Bay Grass Home <<