Eyes on the Bay: Don't Fish Below This Depth
Using the data collected by our Long-Term Monitoring Program, this map shows the maximum suggested fishing depth at each station, based on oxygen availability:
- Blue stars (): entire water column has oxygen levels suitable for Bay gamefish (> 3 mg/L).
- The remaining stations are color-coded in a rainbow gradient from red ( shallow fishable range available) to purple ( large fishable range available). The color indicates a suggested maximum fishing depth, which is where oxygen levels are above 3 mg/L.
- Mouseover the 'Show Legend' title to view the color-code key.
- Under 'Filter Stations', toggle stations or map layers on/off, such as the 'Tide Prediction' map layer.
- Mouseover or click each station to view more information.
For more details on finding the best fishing location using our water quality tools please visit our Click Before You Cast page. You can also get an overview of current fishing conditions based on water quality on our Weekly Fishing Conditions Forecast.
Please wait while the map loads...